Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Future is a Whore!

The Future is a whore. You make plans with her, and you expect those plans to be carried out. However, she's unfaithful and you are left sitting on the doorsteps of the Present wondering where Future is. Feeling rejected, you seek comfort in the arms of the Present. Before you know it, she's pregnant. And because you are not suited to be a father, you try to run away. And the Present reluctantly calls her child the Past. The cycle continues. Each new child resembles you more than the others. Those that survive change their name to Memories, and those that die are Forgotten.

I have received a job offer in the last couple of days. It has nothing to do with my major, but I am not convinced that I want to do anything with my major. At least not yet. If things go as they seem to be headed, I will be working for a contractor painting and putting up drywall. If I do the job well, I can make about 9-11 dollars an hour. I will be working in Pittsburgh, which I am really excited about. I will be able to pursue my cinema desires. Also, I will be attending an RP church. I will be living with friends.

Granted, the first few months will be tough financially. But if I work hard, I can survive. Anyway, I have to continue praying about the situation. I know a lot of people are probably questioning this decision. First, I don't know where God is calling me. So, I don't want to be going to school and paying more, especially if I am not totally convinced ot the program. Secondly, Paul worked as a tent maker while serving the Lord. There is nothing wrong with doing manual labor for a couple of years. Finally, I do not plan on doing contract work for the rest of my life - just till I figure out what my calling is.

With love,
Christian Eriksson

No comments: